…To some, the pain can feel like a muscle ache. To others, it can be as bad as feeling a sharp and constant pain that limits the range of motion or inability to stand straight. Without treatment, it is something that can only get worse!
You’re also not alone in this. In fact, over 31 million Americans experience lower back pain at one stage of their lives. Lower back pain is nothing to take lightly. Some acute pain syndromes can become more serious if left untreated. Over time, this can take a BIG TOLL on you! No one wants to deal with the hassle of living this way.
Try These 3 Simple And Effective Home Remedies To Banish All Lower Back Pain:
1. Get Up & Exercise:
If you suffer with back pain, there is no doubt that probably just want to lay in bed all day. Although tempting, this might only make your condition worse. Bed rest isn’t the answer! Studies have shown that people who exercise and stay active are able to manage their pain much better than people who don’t.
Participating in exercise and physical activities helps by allowing the discs to exchange fluids, which can the inflammation of your back. Think of disc, located in your back as a sponge…it needs to be squeezed out in order for it to be healthy. Please be advised to seek talk to a professional before doing anything too strenuous. A good trainer will always do something called a postural assessment. The following exercises have been proven to work wonders:
- Hamstring Stretches
- Wall Sits
- Press-up Back Extensions
- Weighting Lifting (done properly)
- Even a brisk walk has been proven to improve the affects of back pain
2. Back Stretches:
If you can’t seem to get yourself to a local park or gym, then back stretches may be the perfect answer for you. It is critically important to regularly stretch because it can help reduce the pain and also prevent future pain episodes. Stretching exercises are something that are often overlooked, but they can be a GAME CHANGER!
Regular stretching exercises help keep your muscles and ligaments flexible. They also help reduce stress on joints and improve your blood flow. Try doing these stretching exercises:
- Knee to Chest- (Use this stretch to align pelvis and stretch lower back and rear end muscles. Lie flat on your back with toes pointed to the sky. Slowly bend your right knee and pull your leg up to you chest. Wrap your arms around your thigh, knee or shin, and gently pull the knee towards your chest. Hold for 20 seconds and slowly extend the leg to starting position. Repeat three times each leg.)
- Lying Knee Twist- (Use this movement to stretch the paraspinal muscles and strengthen the abdominal muscles. Lie on your back with your legs extended straight out. Bend the right knee up and cross it over the left side of your body. Hold in a position that allows you to feel a gentle stretch through the back and buttocks muscles for 20 seconds. Tighten your core muscles and rotate back to center. Repeat three times on each side.)
- Cat/Cow Stretch- (Start this more by kneeling on all fours with your hands beneath yourshoulders and your knees directly below your hips. Exhale and gently arch your spine. Inhale, tighten your core muscles and round your back, like a cat. Move slowly between movements and hold in each position for 5-10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.)
- Extended Puppy Pose- (Begin on hands and knees with a flat back. The shoulders are over the wrists, and the hips are over the knees. Keep the hips over the knees as you reach your arms forward and lower the chest towards the floor. Draw your navel to the spine and breathe deeply. Hold for 4-8 breaths before sitting back on the heels and resting in child’s pose.)
- Cobra Pose- (Begin by lying on your stomach with the legs squeezing together and the hands on either side of the chest. Keep the feet on the floor as you press into your hands and lift the chest and head. Hold at the top for one full breath, pulling your navel to your spine. Gently lower. Repeat 5-10 times.)
I know I said earlier that laying around isn’t the answer, and that’s still valid. However, little changes can make a huge difference when sleeping at night! It can be hard to fall asleep with constant pain, but sometime how you sleep makes it worse. Making small tweaks to your sleeping patterns can DO AMAZING THINGS for your lower back pain. Try these few sleeping hacks to help you banish your lower back pain ASAP:
- If you’re a back sleeper: Put a pillow under your knees to allow your spine to maintain its natural curve.
- If you’re a stomach sleeper: Put a pillow under your lower abdomen and pelvis to ease back strain.
- If you’re a side sleeper: Draw your legs up slightly toward your chest and sleep with a pillow (a full body pillow can be comfortable) between your knees.
- Get the right mattress and pillow: Don’t skimp out on the mattress you sleep on. The most expensive mattress or pillow may not be the answer, but do your research on which one can be right for you.
BONUS: Additional Helpful Tips For A Healthier Back…
Recommendations by Dr Saranjeet Singh, (Sports Medicine Specialist):
- Always stretch before exercise or other strenuous physical activity.
- Don’t slouch when standing or sitting. When standing, keep your weight balanced on your feet. Your back supports weight most easily when curvature is reduced.
- At home or work, make sure your work surface is at a comfortable height for you.
- Sit in a chair with good lumbar support and proper position and height for the task. Keep your shoulders back. Switch sitting positions often and periodically walk around the office or gently stretch muscles to relieve tension. A pillow or rolled-up towel placed behind the small of your back can provide some lumbar support. If you must sit for a long period of time, rest your feet on a low stool or a stack of books.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Ask for help when transferring an ill or injured family member from a reclining to a sitting position or when moving the patient from a chair to a bed.
- Don’t try to lift objects too heavy for you. Lift with your knees, pull in your stomach muscles, and keep your head down and in line with your straight back. Keep the object close to your body. Do not twist when lifting.
- Maintain proper nutrition and diet to reduce and prevent excessive weight, especially weight around the waistline that taxes lower back muscles. A diet with sufficient daily intake of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D helps to promote new bone growth.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking reduces blood flow to the lower spine and causes the spinal discs to degenerate.
How To Get Rid Of Lower Back Pain EXTREMELY Fast, WITHOUT Breaking The Bank, Or Causing Any Pain…
…Then I mostly recommend an extremely popular and powerful treatment called The Innova Inversion Table!
Best of all, the Innova Inversion Table works extremely fast, with hundreds of people getting results instantly. It only takes a couple of minutes of your day! If you want to start seeing results for yourself and finally be free of lower back pain once and for all, give this a shot.
You owe it to yourself…and you’ll be pretty amazed with the results 🙂
– A Friend